July 22, 2018 4pm
For anyone concerned about groundwater in Central Texas and the unjust, insensible, and profit-driven pumping schemes that threaten not only our private wells, but also our local springs, creeks, and rivers - it is easy to feel overwhelmed with anger and despair. Yet, there is real hope that our community can protect our groundwater by building a unified non-partisan front based on education, public awareness, and importantly, a well funded legal defense team....oh, and throwing super fantastic shin-dig-jubilees - even in the face of impending doom!
This is where The Trinity Edwards Springs Protection Association (TESPA) comes into play.
The mission of The TESPA is to protect the Trinity and Edwards aquifers from overpumping, the springs that flow from this interconnected system, and the property rights of landowners who depend on and wish to conserve this precious natural resource.
TESPA is a group of highly experienced environmental attorneys working at reduced rates and/or donating their time to help us protect our waters through legislative and legal avenues. They vigilantly track the legal proceedings concerning groundwater use and permitting, help us interpret this information so we can respond appropriately, and represent the people's interests in court. They are currently preparing to contest the proposed ElectroPurification permit with BSEACD, which is an extremely needed yet expensive processes.
Learn more about TESPA at https://tespatexas.org
Sunday, July 22nd 4pm - 8pm (ish)
4:00 - 4:45 - Band 1 (TBA)
4:45 - 5:15 - Information/ TESPA Presentation
5:15 - 6:00 - Band 2 (TBA)
6:00 - 6:45 - Live Auction / Silent auction Closes
7:00 - 8:00pm - Band 3 (TBA)
The good folks are Vintage Oaks Farm have offered to host this event in support of TESPA! The venue is at the front of Rolling Oaks Subdivision with the 400ft drawdown zone of the EP well fields.
400 Limestone Lane, Driftwood, TX 78619
- ALL proceeds go to our legal water defense
- $10 Suggested Donation at the door
- Indoor (air conditioned) stage for music
- Silent/live auctions with art, gift certificates, and services from local businesses and artists (bring a credit card for easy bidding)
- Food trucks on site for some delicious dining options
- Locally sources beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase (no outside beverages, please)
- Family Friendly - kidsville will be a happening spot!
- No pets, please
- Please carpool if possible, we are expecting a lot of folks so parking could get tight
If you would like to donate an item or service to the auction, or volunteer for an event crew, please contact Amanda at email@example.com.